Re: Designer2000 & Relationship Cardinality

From: <bruce_sanchez_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:33:11 GMT

In article <7lvfeb$alm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   angelabr_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <378014B6.2A022891_at_home.com>,
> joelracicot_at_home.com wrote:
> > Every time you make changes at the entity
level, you must run the
> Database
> > Transformer for these changes to be reflected
in the Design Editor.

> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Joel Racicot
> > Systems Analyst
> > Canada Post Corporation
> >
> Thanks for the advice, but I'm already doing
this. I can generate DDL
> that is correct for the entities that I have
created but the DDL does
> not reflect any relationship cardinality that I
impose through the
> Repository Object Navigator (even when I run the
Database Design
> Transformer from there).
>
> Can relationship cardinality be represented in
DDL? Or does anyone have
> any more ideas?
>
> Thanks (again),
> Angela

Angela,
Have you tried changing the E-R diagram with the changes that you want, and then re-generating? Data dependancies flow down from the E-R diagram and are visible in the RON but are not pushed up. The DDL is generated from the E-R diagram. Remember to unmap all previous table definitions for the effected tables.

Bruce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 17:33:11 CEST

Original text of this message