Re: some questions

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:13:08 -0700

here is it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE

Christine Volkwein <volkwein_at_frqnet.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Try to set the path in the registry! There is an ORACLE-folder. But I
> don't know where. You should search.....

The registry entries that MUST be correct are:
FORMS50_PATH (use the number corresponding with your version)
and
ORACLE_HOME

Now a word of warning:
What is really critical here is that if these are set incorrectly, while your application may appear to run, libraries that are loaded, and objects whose properties are inherited, will do so from where-ever the path variable is pointing.

I had a client that was doing development and testing on the same machines. The path pointed to the DEVELOPMENT copy of the source code. When running tests they could launch the forms in the TEST environment but every time the forms loaded a PLL or referenced a visual attribute or enherited any property it was following the path and getting the object/code from the DEV copy. Needless to say the hours wasted, and the angst created, were considerable.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 22:13:08 CEST

Original text of this message