Re: Offtopic: tool to extract data from Paradox to flat file

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:05:59 -0700

> I need a data convertor / extractor for an old version of Paradox (v3 for
> DOS).
>
> I need to extract data from Paradox into a flat text file (or directly into
> Oracle :) )
>
> This is an old application being rewritten onto Oracle platform for Y2k
> problems.

Borland sold a product with that version that made a SQL*Net connection direct to Oracle though I don't recall which version of Oracle it would have been compatible with.

Why not just use Paradox's built-in export facility to create a delimited ASCII file and then load it using SQL*Loader?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 22:05:59 CEST

Original text of this message