How to set security on application?

From: Cathy Cantieri <nojunk_at_nowhere.edu>
Date: 22 Jun 1999 21:38:07 GMT

My environment is Oracle Forms45 with Oracle73 database. I have roles set up in the database that are currently enabled for the users. I am afraid though that they could get into other products and make changes to the database with these roles enabled. I have tried to make only the connect role enabled and then set their other roles when they start up the application using DBMS_Session.SET_ROLE but I am not getting it.

Does anyone have an example of how to get this to work?

--
Please email replies to the address below.

Cathy Cantieri
mailto:cathy.cantieri_at_utmb.edu