Re: How do I create a Key Press trigger in Developer 2000 forms?

From: <cfischer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:32:33 GMT

[Quoted] In article <7konb4$hea$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   westley007_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Is there some kind of API call or any way at all I can do this?

Read in the Form Builder help file the section on Key Mapping using Oracle [Quoted] Terminal. You can map "User Defined Key 0-9" to specific keys. Then you can [Quoted] use the KEY-F0 thru KEY-F9

I did a test where I mapped the "1" key to User Defined Key 1. Then in a [Quoted] form, I created a KEY-F1 trigger that just did

BEGIN
  :test_item := 'User def 1 pressed';
end;

Since the "1" key is a valid data entry character, if my cursor was located [Quoted] in a text item, the trigger would not get fired. But if I was located on a [Quoted] button or something else, the trigger would fire.

Does this help?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 23:32:33 CEST

Original text of this message