sqlreportwriter question

From: Joe Pitt <cjpitt_at_mjet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:17:22 GMT

[Quoted] We are currently upgrading a system from Oracle6 to a dual-server Oracle7 environment. This system needs SQL*FORMS, so we will have one machine (VAX running OpenVMS v5.5) with Oracle v7.1.5 - to support the applications (sqlforms, sqlreportwriter, etc.) The main database is on another VAX running OpenVMS 6.2 and Oracle v7.3. We are using public synonyms with a dblink to go from application server to database server.

Now for the question... SQLFORMS and SQLPLUS seem to be working fine - but, while SQLREPORTWRITER is working, it is incredibly slow. A report in the old [Quoted] environment (everything on one server) took 15-20 seconds - in the new environment it takes more like 15-20 minutes. Anyone ever run across this type of situation? Any ideas?

[I installed sqlreportwriter to use central tables rather than each user having their own tables.] Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 01:17:22 CEST

Original text of this message