Re: Oracle Server 8 & Des2000 R2 problem

From: Robert Claeson <robert.claeson_at_brightid.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:35:55 +0200

[Quoted] Frank <"nlx7548"_at_ nl.ibm.com> wrote in message news:7kd9tl$ufu$1_at_news.uk.ibm.com...

> YouŽll need to create two users: one repository owner, and a
repository
> user.
> Then, create the Des2K repository. Only then start using Des2K.
> Guess you need some books on Oracle?
>
> I have some scripts, that may help you; these will create a new
instance,
> suited
> for Designer. If you dare to go that route, let me know.
> Probably on this newsgroup archives, as well...

Well, I have the very same problem, but from reading the install docs I'm led to believe that the repository user will be created by the [Quoted] [Quoted] installer. Something apparently goes wrong, although in my case I've so far been trying to investigate whether Designer 2.1.1 at all is supposed to work with Oracle 8.0.5. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 20:35:55 CEST

Original text of this message