Re: Help Developer 2000 - 5.

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:04:14 +0800

Hi wrote:

> WITH POSITIVE EXPECTATION OF GETTING FAVOURABLE REPLY FROM YOU ,
> 1)HOW TO FILL THE LIST_ITEM WITH THE RECORD CONTENTS OF A PARTICULAR COLUMN
> IN THE TABLE(EXAMPLE EMPNO OR ENAME),INCLUDING THE TRIGGERS IF ANY.

  1. create a record_group either predefined in the navigator or dynamically. This should have 2 columns - one for the value, one for the element name.2. create a trigger to populate the group and populate the list. The trigger you use will depend on the frequency with which you want to refresh the list. For instance, use WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE to load the list only when the form is opened. Use WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE to load it each time the user goes to a new record (there are other possibilities). In the code first populate_group and then populate_list. Check these built-ins in the help.

> 2)TO REFER TO A PARTICULAR OBJECT IN THE TABBED CANVAS.
I'm not sure what you are looking for here. If an item is on a tabbed canvas you refer to it as you would any other item ie :BLOCK_NAME.ITEM_NAME.

> 3)USE OF TABBED AND STACKED CANVASES .
In what respect?

> 4)HOW TO USE DBGRID CONTROL AND OTHER CONTROLS LIKE COMMON DIALOG
> CONTROL,DATAGRID AND SOME OTHER MICROSOFT CONTROLS IN THE FORM.
> 5)TO READ A SOUND ITEM AND PLAY IT FROM THE FORMS .
> THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE.

  Sorry, can't help you with the last 2.

HTH
Geoff Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 10:04:14 CEST

Original text of this message