Re: Forms 5, Summary items TOO SLOW!!!

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs--AT--hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:14:49 +0100

Where you say that the block does
 'as SUM of <extented> in this block'

the program may be looping through all the items within your block (maybe 15, maybe 300) to get the summed value. This way, the more records there is, the longer it will take. Try running the form in debug mode to see if this is the case.

If so, a running summary as discussed in Robert Profitt's e-mail and my last idea in my original e-mail may be a quicker solution.

Mark