Re: WebDb with OAS more Info

From: Ruben Mejia Corleto <rubenmej_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:39:52 GMT

I have the same problem, with differences in configurations and platforms. I have been unable to get WebDb 2.0.5.6 to work as a cartidge for OAS  4.0.7. I followed the instructions from Oracle: Adding the PL/SQL Cartidge to OAS, with no surprise: it didnīt work...
I am sorry that this kind of functionality is not discussed anywhere, and Oracle does nothing about it.

I have an Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 running on a NT server, without a local database, and I need to access WebDB in various NT and DEC Unix databases thru OAS services.

Ruben
If anyone knows something, please post here. At least John and I will appreciate it.
Thanks.

In article <7hp2u2$e7i$1_at_dropit.pgh.net>,   "John M. Heaton" <heaton_at_aselimited.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get WebDb to run as a cartridge under OAS. I just
> installed the 4.0.7.1 patch which has changed the behaviour. Instead
> of getting a service unavailable, I'm getting a Dr Watson on wrks.exe.
>
> If anyone has successfully got this thing to work, let me know. Does
it
> matter which listener you use? Should I use OAS listener, or WebDb
> listener, or both or a completely different one like IIS? If I let
the
> WebDb
> listener run, WebDb works but of course OAS doesn't. I'm about ready
> to send this stuff back to Oracle. I didn't think I was getting
bleeding
> edge software.
>
> Configuration
> Oracle 8.0.5