Re: WebDb with OAS more Info

From: <rubenmej_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:27:03 GMT

In article <7hp2u2$e7i$1_at_dropit.pgh.net>,   "John M. Heaton" <heaton_at_aselimited.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get WebDb to run as a cartridge
under OAS. I just
> installed the 4.0.7.1 patch which has changed
the behaviour. Instead
> of getting a service unavailable, I'm getting a
Dr Watson on wrks.exe.

> If anyone has successfully got this thing to
work, let me know. Does it
> matter which listener you use? Should I use OAS
listener, or WebDb
> listener, or both or a completely different one
like IIS? If I let the
> WebDb
> listener run, WebDb works but of course OAS
doesn't. I'm about ready
> to send this stuff back to Oracle. I didn't
think I was getting bleeding
> edge software.
>
> Configuration
> Oracle 8.0.5
> WebDb 2.0.5
> OAS 4.0.7.1 (patched)
> Windows NT Server 4 with SP3
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> John

I have the same problem, with differences in configurations and platforms. I have been unable to get WebDb 2.0.5.6 to work as a cartidge for OAS  4.0.7. I followed the instructions from Oracle: Adding the PL/SQL Cartidge to OAS, with no surprise: it didnīt work...
I am surprised that this kind of functionality is not discussed anywhere, and Oracle does nothing about it.

If anyone knows something, please post here. At least John and I will appreciate it.
Thanks.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 20:27:03 CEST

Original text of this message