Block Duplicates

From: Brian Neary <bneary_at_gnosis-is.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:05:28 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] How do I check for Duplicates in a Block? The details are:
1: I've got a tabular form showing 10 rows.
2: In the block I have a field called type.
3: In the block I can enter multiple types but for some types I don't want
to allow duplicates in the block.
4:The type item is a combo box.
[Quoted] 5: I can't use the database table because the rows have not been posted or commited to the table yet.
[Quoted] 6: As soon as the user enters a type or selects one from the combo box I want to check to see if that type is already in the block. 7: This may be the first record in the block. 8: I can't loop through the block in a restricted trigger such as the post-item-trigger.

Any help will be most appreciated.
Brian Vancouver B.C. Received on Sat May 22 1999 - 02:05:28 CEST

Original text of this message