Re: Updating Designer tables directly?

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 May 1999 04:11:00 GMT

>I have a need to do massive updates to my Designer data model. I'm talking
>on the order of 700 - 1000 new attributes to be added.
>I was thinking about storing the attribute names and descriptions in Excel
>and/or Access.
>
>Is there a means to update the tables directly rather than via the D2k GUI
>which would be too time consuming?
>
>Thanks,
>Wally

Buried in the documentation is a section about the API into designer. It works, [Quoted] but it is not for the faint of heart. There are some examples, follow then carefully, but you can **probably** do whatever you want.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 06:11:00 CEST

Original text of this message