Re: Reports 2.5 Unix runs for one ORACLE_SID, but not for another...

From: Mike Rose <mmrose_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 03:40:30 GMT

Arjan,

[Quoted] When I mentioned 'alias' I mean the Oracle SQL*Net alias that has been established in the LISTENER.ora file on the server and MUST be in your TNSNAMES.ora file.

For each database (you said there are two), you must address them inside the report by their SQL*Net alias so that you are logging on to the appropriate database before the report runs.

[Quoted] Imagine using SQL*Plus to report from each database (SQL*Net alias):

sqlplus USER/PASSWORD_at_ALIAS1

    Execute the Report...

sqlplus USER/PASSWORD_at_ALIAS2

    Execute the Report...

Mike Rose

mmrose_at_home.com

Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl> wrote in message news:7h4oug$5il$1_at_weber.a2000.nl...
> Mike Rose wrote
> > You may need two reports, one for each database (alias)
>
> In fact, Oracle Reports does not even read the report until it is logged
into
> the database. If the report xyz.rdf does not exist then
>
> r25runm xyz.rdf batch=yes
>
> runs as expected, *after* the login. That is: Oracle Reports prompts for
the
> username and password. When it is correct it will check if the report in
fact
> exists, and indeed shows an error as xyz.rdf cannot be found. However, for
the
> second ORACLE_SID, r25runm does not even come to the stage where it checks
if
> the report can be found. All it does is keep prompting for the username
and
> password.
>
> So, for now, the report is not the problem but some settings prevent
Reports