Reports 2.5 Unix runs for one ORACLE_SID, but not for another...

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:10:24 +0200

[Quoted] Hi all,

we are stuck with a strange problem. We have two databases running on a Unix [Quoted] system. Both need to run a report that was created using Windows NT Developer/2000, Reports 2.5. If we set ORACLE_SID to one database, we can run [Quoted] a report using, for example,

[Quoted]     r25runm my_report.rdf batch=yes ...

This will prompt for the username and password, and runs fine. However, when [Quoted] we issue a

    export ORACLE_SID=something else

we can use SQL*Plus without problems (so I guess that proves that the ORACLE_SID is correct; TWO_TASK is not set), but cannot run the report. r25runm keeps prompting for the username and password.

The table definitions are the same. And using Reports on WinNT also works fine. We even compiled the report explicitly connecting to the second database, but still it runs for the first database only, and not for the second. We have the same problem when trying to run r25convm to convert a REX [Quoted] file to a RDF file.

Any hint?

Thanks,
Arjan. Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 19:10:24 CEST

Original text of this message