Re: Sql*loader record-size problem

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:05:26 +0200

Marc Mazerolle wrote in message <37307D40.73CD6FB0_at_sympatico.ca>...

>Note the "fix 26" in my infile parameter.... my file is 26 bytes
>long with no NL. I have not found any documentation on this feature
>but it works perfectly.

Yeah, I also ran into this problem a few years ago and the FIX parameter worked great. It also works if the record contains NL's (char #13) - which was the problem I had. The binary mainframe record number in the text datafile contained char #13's. By default SQL*Loader treats that as the end of the record. Using FIX and loading the record number portion as a RAW worked and we got the data into Oracle.

Maybe a word or two to Oracle's documentation people may be in order asking them to please document the FIX parameter?

regards,
Billy Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 10:05:26 CEST

Original text of this message