Re: Reports 3.0 Page 2 layout shift

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 09:09:42 +0100

Richard Kaiser wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've whipped up a report 3.0.5.8.0 with 6 sections (groups)
> The sections are laid out identically,
> their underlying queries return different values.
>
> The first page looks fine,
> The second page looks like the margins have shifted an inch
> and a half to the left. All groups look aligned in layout
> view, but preview and hardcopy has them shifted over
> and an inch of layout is lost off the left side of the page.
>
> I've poked around, but can't find any properties that cause this
> To work around it, I've physically shifted sections (report
> group) over an inch and a half to the right.
>
> Looks aligned when I test it, but I'm guessing that
> the 1st page will be populated by 1st group, if
> there's no data in the first group, the 2nd group will
> print on the 1st page and appear way too far to the
> right.
>
> Anybody seen this or know a method to resolve?
>
> Rich

Did you use frames (not repeaters) ?
If not, try putting all the groups in one group frame.

Where are your objects anchored ?
They should have no anchored and keep up with enclosing object.
Check out if all your objects are in the frames. If not rearange them.
Also check the init-params, especially the ones under the report node.
You should also upgrade to Reports 3.0.5.9.0 The update is available on ORACLE's web site.

Marcel Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 10:09:42 CEST

Original text of this message