Pro*C backward compatibility

From: Bill Sanns <sannswj_at_gru.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:59:14 -0400

Does anyone know if Pro*C is backward compatible? We currently have Oracle 7.3.4 but are waiting for 8i before we upgrade. We would like to use Pro*C and PHP (www.php.net -- third party freeware) to do some development. We are currently using Java for all our development, but are not satisfied with its performance. We need OCI8 for the PHP, but I don't think that it can be used for any other 7.x development. I can't afford to buy the 7.x version and upgrade in just a couple of months, and I don't think that I can afford to wait until we upgrade to 8i (could be 6-8 months in our office) to begin writing the new code for our middle tier. Any information (or advice) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bill Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 03:59:14 CEST

Original text of this message