Re: Forms Execute_Query - Canceling it.

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 14 Mar 1999 05:04:27 GMT

[Quoted] In article <36E95248.7D15DA29_at_esc188.expansion.com>, Jason Ladew <jal_at_esc188.expansion.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>In Forms, I have an execute_query performed when a button or function
>key is pressed.
>
>Is there a control key, a way I can code, a function etc... that can
>cancel an execute_query that has been started. Example, a user starts a
>"long" search and decides to cancel the search, can this be done in
>forms?

Once the user has initiated the query, there is no way to stop. It would be a nice feature, but it does not exist. While the user is in [Quoted] Enter Query mode, the Cancel_Query command works, but not after the query has been sent to the server and the form/client is waiting for a response.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Sun Mar 14 1999 - 06:04:27 CET

Original text of this message