Forms4.5 to 5.0 conversion

From: David W. Payne <dwpayne_at_gravitic.com>
Date: 4 Mar 1999 06:04:09 GMT

hi,

I am converting an application developed using Forms4.5 to Forms5.0. The OS is Sun Solaris. Forms4.5 is Developer 2000 1.32 and Forms5.0 is Developer 2.1.

Both display and text items are used in these forms. Using Forms4.5, the display field (start or left aligned) shows in the upper left corner of the item's "area". However, using Forms5.0, the display item displays in the "middle" (vertically speaking) of the display item's display area. I can tell this by setting the bevel property to true, which shows the "display area" for the item. Also, with or without beveling, the lower part of the data displayed using Forms5.0 is not displayed to the user.

Sometimes a simple picture is worth a lot of words.... ;-)

Forms 4.5                Forms 5.0

|data | | | | | |data | | | | |

Oracle Support doesn't seem to have an explanation for this. Has anyone seen this problem converting to Forms5.0? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,

David Payne (dwpayne_at_gravitic.com) Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 07:04:09 CET

Original text of this message