FORMS 4.5 to 5.0 CONVERSION PROBLEM (related with focusing)

From: Zafer M. AKTAN <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:29:57 -0800

Hi all,
I have converted over 400 forms from 4.5 to 5.0 with small glitches that I fixed with the help of postings on usergroups and Metalink (oracle usergroup). After the conversion, I have encountered a big focusing problem. Here is a simple example for describing what is going on after the conversion (note: this works fine in forms 4.5):

I have a MAIN form (with WINDOW0), a CHILD form which has a list (WINDOW1) screen and a detail (WINDOW2) screen. The CHILD form is invoked from within the MAIN form by using a menu (uses the OPEN_FORM with active and session parameters). When the CHILD form WINDOW1 is displayed, I am clicking on the "detail" button (which fires a when_button_pressed trigger and goes to the detail block) and activates the WINDOW2 (detail screen). Then I minimize (iconify) WINDOW2. Now, I see WINDOW0, WINDOW1 and an icon for WINDOW2 on the screen. I move my mouse (pointer) back to WINDOW0 (MAIN form) and then move back to WINDOW1. The iconized WINDOW2 automatically pops up. Writing a when_windows_deactivate for the Child form with the go_item('dept.deptno') (note the dept was the master block in this example) does not work. It works fine on the same platform for forms4.5 with no problem -- the WINDOW2 stays iconized till the user specifically double click on it.

I need a work around for this problem urgently. It holds us back from deploying the new version of our application which should be in D2K/v2.1 Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Regards
Zafer

Note: platform sun solaris 2.6, d2k v.1.6.1 and d2k v2.1 do coexist in their separate ORACLE_HOMES and both works fine against Oracle8.0.5 enterprise version. Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 06:29:57 CET

Original text of this message