ERROR_CODE or SQLERRM or DBMS_ERROR_CODE?????

From: notman <notman_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 05:27:13 GMT

ERROR_CODE or SQLERRM or DBMS_ERROR_CODE?????

What's the difference? I want to come up with an on error trigger but I don't know what does what. I know that I can trap specific Error_Codes and change or suppress the Error_Text but what do I display all three don't really fit in a dialog box.

if error_code = 4202 then

   --change or suppress error_text message else

   display what?? error_code, error_text, dbms_error_code, dbms_error_text, sqlerrm, sqlmsg
end if; Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 06:27:13 CET

Original text of this message