oracle odbc driver : 1. auto re-connect 2. replication of databases

From: <raviverma_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 06:29:00 GMT

Hello All, I have 2 questions regarding the Oracle ODBC driver version 8.0.5....
  1. Is it true that this odbc driver supports automatic database re-connection and automatic replay of interrupted statements ?How can I use this feature ? How does it handle....
  2. network problems ?
  3. if the oracle8 server crashes ?
  4. if the machine on which the server is running crashes ?
  5. I want to have multiple servers for my database.Is there any feature at the ODBC level that can ...
  6. provide a list of servers for a DSN ?
  7. provide load sharing ?
  8. connect to any available server for a dsn ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards,

                  Ravi.