Oracle objects for OLE troubble

From: Wings Support <support_at_wings.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:43:09 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] The problem is with ODatabase class from Oracle Objects for OLE provided by Oracle 8.
The Open method of this class requires the following arguments : database_name, user, passw.
For local databases you can use database_name = 2: or a valid alias defined with Oracle Net 8.
I used both methods but the same result - no connection done. In fact the lines
oresult ores = m_database.Open("2:", "sorin", "sorin");(I have a user/passw sorin/sorin linked to Oracle STARS tablespace) and
oresult ores = m_database.Open("multitrade", "sorin", "sorin");(where multitrade is an database alias with protocol Bequeath - local database) [Quoted] produces the same result ores = OFAILURE with the message "TNS:unable to connect to destination"

If you have some ideeas of what could be wrong please let me know.

Thanks,
Sorin Received on Tue Mar 02 1999 - 08:43:09 CET

Original text of this message