Re: Strange Oracle Forms Designer Problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 25 Feb 1999 17:04:43 GMT

In article <WPeB2.949$Fc.2545_at_news.rdc1.ab.wave.home.com>, The Master <master_at_24.64.14.21.ab.wave.home.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have run into a (one of many I suppose) strange problem
> with Forms Designer [32 Bit] Version 4.5.7.1.7. On certain forms
> that are started from scratch (not generated with Designer/2000) I
> am getting Fatal Exceptions everytime I load up the .fmb,
> re-generate it, and run it. However, if I create a new form and copy
> all the contents from the original, the form will work fine until I
> close the .fmb, open it and regenerate it.
>
> The fatal exception on the form executable occurs in Win95 and
> WinNT4. I am developing on WinNT 4 SP4.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything on this on Technet. Any help
> would be appreciated.

I haven't seen or heard of that problem before, but here is something you might try that would be faster than creating a new form. Use your fmb file and do a Convert to Text, then Convert to Binary. This two-step process removes any compiled code from the form and shrinks the fmb size significantly.

These steps are under File, Administration, Convert in the Forms Designer menu.

Something sounds "out of whack" in your form, and my suggestion above probably won't fix it. If I had the problem, I would take one of the offending forms, and start removing objects until the problem goes away, and try to find what piece was causing all the trouble.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Download the Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 18:04:43 CET

Original text of this message