Re: Oracle Objects for OLE & EXCEL

From: <scudderfish_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:16:39 GMT

In article <7as2vp$b5e$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   duncan_at_dcl.co.uk wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I'm using windows95 but \orawin95\bin is in my path.
>
> I tried to register OIP23.DLL using REGSVR32 and it comes up with the message.
> OIP23.DLL was loaded but the DLLREGISTERSERVER Entry point was not found.
> DLLREGISTERSERVER may not be exported or a corrupt version of OIP23.DLL may be
> in memory. Consider using PVIEW to detect and remove it.
>
> Any ideas what this means ?
>
> Thanks
> Duncan

I think it means I was getting it a bit wrong. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here as I am running on NT, and I have the beta OO4O installed, which has gone over my 2.1 installation, leaving only droppings behind for me to pick apart. Anyway, give this a try. Fire up regedit, and search for the string 'OraSession'. This should be found in a ProgID. Check the related InProcServer32 key, and check that the DLL that references actually exists. Do you have VB? If so, try some of the VB examples. If they work, this finger of suspicion points to Excel (but I can't see what Excel could be getting wrong). Don't take this as insulting, but definitely definitely check you are creating a "OracleInProcServer.XOraSession" object (typos have killed me before). The Excel samples do work (I just fired up the empx.xls sheet against my beta install) but I think your installation has got screwed somewhere along the line.

Regards,
Dave