Pro *C problem...

From: Shashi Bhushana <sbhusha_at_uswest.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:41:10 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to extract a substring of a column, using SELECT statement...

VARCHAR Region[2];
VARCHAR Temp[4];
(Temp is containing value like '123' before execution of this statement)

(VALUE is a column in the table STABV and will contain values like
'123=W'
 , '456=E', etc...I am trying to extract value 'E' or 'W', and so on)

            EXEC SQL
            SELECT substr(VALUE,5,1)
            INTO :Region
            FROM STABV
            WHERE NAME = 'MC REGION'
            AND VALUE LIKE :Temp || '%';

I tried to execute the same statement at sql prompt. It is working fine....But in Pro *C
it is not giving any value...Is there any other method to do this task ?? Any help
would be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
SB Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 00:41:10 CET

Original text of this message