Re: Block based on a query with Forms 5

From: Benjamin Butler <benjamin.butler_at_lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:55:44 +0000

Hello.

I only use Forms 4.5 but if Forms 5 is basically the same then the solution is to create a view on the database with all the necessary columns and tables joined together and use this as the data source for your block. Then in the Pre-Query trigger on the block, use Set_Block_property(view_name, default_where, 'where-clause') to build your where clause which can reference form variables.

Ben.