Re: Q: How to visualize important event

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 05:07:46 GMT

>Does anyone have an idea how to visualize important events with Forms
>4.5 when the whole application is minimized?
>
>My problem is as follows:
>I developed an application where we log all the support calls we
>receive.
>We defined three priorities, from 1 to 3.
>Most of the time the application is minimized, so if I enter a call with
>a high priority, my co-workers won't notice until they maximize the
>application again.
>I already implemented a timer which refreshes the entries every 5
>minutes.
>
>Is there an opportunity to let the minimized icon blink in the taskbar,
>color it red or something else, if a "Priority 1"-Entry is inserted?
>
>Any hint will be appreciated.

A few thoughts - I don't know if any will work...

...you can set up a pipeline, and monitor it instead of a timer...

... the text displayed when minimized is the window title, so change it when you notice your significant events. Anything more will probably require calls to theWindows API.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 06:07:46 CET

Original text of this message