Did ng participant Joel Garry really write this?

From: Jeff103125 <jeff103125_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 06:45:57 GMT

   Regarding how to deal with illegal alien motorists who run over and kill American children, Bryan wrote:

 "Screw that. Mandatory death sentence! Yeah I know how mean right?  How mean is it when they crash into you and are allowed to sue YOU for  everything you have! How mean is it when they run over children and  keep going. How mean is it when they hit you and kill your child?

Did Joel Garry (email: joel_garry_at_compuserve.com and homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry/) of Vista, California (San Diego County), who says he likes to "kibbitz" in the newsgroup comp.unix.advocacy as well as post in comp.databases.oracle.* actually write (in the ca.driving newsgroup on 1/1/99):

            "I don't like children, so it's all right by me if they run over them

             with impunity."