Dev2000 + DDE

From: Thorsten Baumeister <Thorsten.Baumeister_at_ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:35:47 +0100

Hi folks,
my current problem is to import some data from MS Excel to an Oracle Database using Forms 4.5, Dev2000 and a DDE-connection. I already managed to open Excel with the datasheet and stored the handle of the Excel program in a text box for later use. My plan was to do the Excel-Job and close it within an other procedure. I dropped the code of the other procedure below this message. "ANZEIGE" is the text box. Can anyone give me a hint, why the code doesn't work (nothing happens) and what to do now?

Thanks for your replies.
Greetings from Germany,
Thorsten.

Declare

    AppID PLS_Integer;
Begin

     AppID:=:BLOCK2.ANZEIGE;
     DDE.App_Focus(AppID);
     DDE.App_End(AppID);

End; Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 09:35:47 CET

Original text of this message