Re: How to avoid hard-coded password inside Pro-C programs

From: Rick <Rick.UK_at_nospam.btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:19:06 -0800

John Strange wrote:

> Encrypt the password in a file. Create a subroutine which opens/decrypts
> $APP_HOME/passwd_file_name.here
>
> Pedro Tavares (pedrotavares_at_cmvm.pt) wrote:
> : I would like to receive suggestions on how to avoid the need to hard code
> : the password inside programs. Is there a better way to do this? Every time
> : that I want to change the password, I have to edit all the sources, change
> : it and recompile everithing again.
> : Thanks
>
> : Pedro Tavares
> : Lisbon, Portugal

Alternatively set up your Oracle accounts to use ops$ logins. That way when you code your program you connect using the string "/". When you run the program it uses the account set up for your Unix session. I presume this works on systems other than Unix

Rick Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 23:19:06 CET

Original text of this message