Creating an insert script from a select in sqlplus

From: <bkm4841_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:55:39 GMT

[Quoted] I've done this before, but not recently and can't find it in my oracle reference. I'm trying to create a schedule in an oracle table....
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 CLASSNBR                                 NUMBER
 STARTDATETIME                   NOT NULL DATE
 ENDDATETIME                     NOT NULL DATE
 LOCATION                                 NUMBER

I have the classes in there for one day. I want to duplicate that data for many more days, so I want to create an insert script from a select of this table and increment the startdatetime and enddatetime by one day for each iteration of the entire list.

So, my two problems are...

  1. Syntax for creating the insert script and
  2. Incrementing the days by 1

Any help would be appreciated.

     -bkm