Des 2.1 Capture Design, and then?

From: Susanne Heymann <susanne_at_sqlsolutions.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:15:42 +0100

Hi y'all,

I'm trying to capture an existing schema into Designer/2000 V2.1 using 'Capture Design of... Server Model'. The operation generates a lot of error messages (mostly missing synonym definitions on other schemas which I chose to ignore) and will finally come up with a server model diagram and a schema in the Navigator.

Now: How do I save this schema to the repository? (Yes, I do feel stupid asking this question.)

I've tried [SAVE] when prompted after model generation. Result: Either I get error messages that some object couldn't be saved (The hints are not good enough to start debugging - this is a grown production schema) and the operation aborts. Or the save seems to work and I start my task but when I logout or want to look at the results e.g. in RON I get nothing.

I've tried File->Save uncommitted data and gotten similar results.

What am I doing wrong?
Please reply to my mail address, too, since I don't regularly read this group.

Thanks,

	Susanne Heymann
	susanne (at) sqlsolutions.de