Re: Forms 4.5 LOGON function

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 14:40:09 GMT

The way we did it is to record log-in and log-out times. We then check those in the "on-logon" trigger. The way we did it is more Machiavellian though.
If we find that the last logon date/time is later than the last logout data/time
we assume the user got hung and had to reboot. It can still take SQL*Net
about 10 minutes to kill the hung session so in order to release any locks
we kill all other sessions belonging to the same user ID without discriminating.
In other words, we kill all other Oracle sessions with that user ID period.
The side effect of this is that the user cannot be logged on more than once.