Re: Dynamic Reports in Reports Version3?

From: Pieter Steenhuis <pieter.steenhuis_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:52:30 +0100

A quick and dirty trick is to build a procedure that fills a temporary table in exactly your report layout, including the headings and breaks. Then print the contents of this temporary table using reports and after that delete the temporary table.

The fill-procedure can be called from the before report trigger and the delete procedure from the after report trigger. (if these are still there in Reports 3.0)

Your table would look like this:

report_temp
( line# number
, text varchar2(<whatever your linesize is>) )
If multiple sessions use this report simultaniously, you can add an identifier column to the table to identify each session.

In your report just select text from report_temp order by line#.

If you find another way to do this, please let me know.

Pieter.