Dynamic Reports in Reports Version3?

From: Kurt Manecke <kmanecke_at_ee.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:38:28 -0500
[Quoted] Message-ID: <75mjb2$f9c_at_news1.ee.net>

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have been given a task of developing somewhat of a dynamic report. There [Quoted] is one table involved. The users will see a screen which lets them pick [Quoted] which columns to include in the report, parameters for each column (i.e. search criteria), which columns to sort on, as well as which field(s) to perform a summary on (breaks). Is something like this possible with Reports [Quoted] Version 3? Can I change the SQL query/Order by at runtime? Can I add breaks [Quoted] at runtime? This sounds to me like I should recommend they purchase an end-user reporting tool, but my boss wants it done in Reports. I know I could give them Reports, and tell them to use the Report Wizard, but that is [Quoted] not an option. Any pointers on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt Manecke
kmanecke_at_ee.net Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 23:38:28 CET

Original text of this message