Re: DES2K compiling RMMAN and CK_UTIL

From: <jwrynn_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:15:01 GMT

In article <367680F2.D7B692F_at_itcg.nl>,   Klaas Visser <k.r.visser_at_itcg.nl> wrote:
> I'm using oracle 8.0.5 on linux for a designer 2000 2.1 repository.
> When installing the repository two packages fail to compile, i.e. rmman
> and ck_util. The 'show errors' after compilation returns nothing. The
> shared_pool_size is 16M.
>
> Any ideas what went wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaas

Klaas,

I recently had similar problems during Designer/2000 1.3.2 installations - packages would not compile and the installation would abort. I was installing into an Oracle 8.0.4 database running on Digital UNIX. The client I was installing Designer from was an NT 4.0 system. Turns out the NT machine had a virus that somehow corrupted the PL/SQL files that the repository uses. As they got copied from the install CD, the files would get trashed. It was a really weird problem, completely stumped Oracle tech support. I had my customer install Norton AntiViral on the NT system - this seems to have fixed the problem ...

We have since upgraded to Designer 2.1.2 - it's an improvement, but the product is still way too cumbersome, IMHO! ;-)

Good luck!

--John Wrynn
jwrynn_at_my-dejanews.com

  • Opinions expressed above are the authors only, not of any employers or customers ... ***