Re: Question on commit and commit_form

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:57:07 GMT

In article <743kfn$nba$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   m_popov_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I am using commit_form in a form where I have a
> master detail block PLUS several insert and update
> statements manually. At the end of all these insert
> and update statements I am issuing a commit_form.
> But I dont see any changes commited to the database.
> Only when I try to exit the form, It prompts me whether
> I want to save, and when I say yes, its saves and exits.
> I want to see the changes commited to the database
> as soon as I issue commit or commit_form.
>
> I hid the code that inserts and updates the database
> behind the button and used when-button-pressed trigger.
> (in addition to my master detail block which is
> supposed to save automatically). So the operator has
> to press the "Save" button to save.
> Can you guys tell me how to proceed.

I suspect either your insert and update statements are not really doing anything, either because they are inside a condition that is never true, or a where clause on your update is never true. Or possibly, your commit_form command is not executed because it is inside a false If condition.

Try putting Message('After Insert'); and Message('After Commit'); in your when-button-pressed trigger to verify that the code is being executed.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088