Execute ODBC call into Oracle ODBC Driver 2.5.xxx executes an alertable wait

From: Ismael M. Rivera <IRivera_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:11:19 -0500

Can someone give me a hand?

Our multi-threaded NT service has several threads. One of which does the database access. To request a database operation a client thread issues a "QueueUserAPC" to the database thread, and the thread executes the request async. When the thread executes the APC it issues an ODBC SQLExecute call to perform an update (In blocking mode) the APC blocks until the operation completes. The driver seems to execute an alerted wait in the context of the calling thread, which causes my thread to execute one of the APC's it has queued up, possibly the same APC that is executing. This causes the stamement handle to get re-used and all hell brakes loose and the connection is broken some point after.

Is there any way to make the call without an alertable wait? Why is the call causing my thread to become alerted?

Thanks Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 18:11:19 CET

Original text of this message