Re: scanning data into an oracle form

From: Bob Sauer <rsauer_at_census.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:50:54 -0400

[Quoted] Although it's not quite the same thing, we use barcode readers to read data into a [Quoted] form from barcoded data. The reader connects between the keyboard and input port [Quoted] and contains firmware to convert the barcode data into ascii data and displays it [Quoted] where ever your cursor is active, be it a word processor or a form field. It will [Quoted] even throw in a carriage return for you so it becomes a simple matter to scan data [Quoted] into for example, a display field and, in a new_item_instance trigger, to parse out [Quoted] the data into separate text fields. Seems to me that OCR readers should work the same way.

Bob