scanning data into an oracle form

From: <beichman_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:58:33 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have an "over the counter" cash remittance system where a PC attached scanner is used to read information on an OCR line at the bottom of a payment stub. Or, if you will, a person walks up to a cashier with a bill to pay, the cashier takes the payment coupon from the bill and runs it through a device which can read the OCR font line and get the account number and payment amount in ASCII text. In the current system (a dumb terminal application) the ascii text gets "typed" on the screen automatically. Now we are moving to a Developer 2000 based form developed by a third party. I need to get a scanner that reads the OCR line to take the resulting string and fill three separate fields on the Oracle GUI form: a 9 digit customer number, a 7 digit location number and an amount due. Any pointers would be most welcome. regards, johnb