Re: Calling Stored procedures from Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Dennis Wetherell <dwether_at_mail.arco.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:25:48 GMT

>Hi,
>I was trying to call a packaged procedure in Oracle Forms 4.5 trigger.
>The same procedure when executed from SQL plus works fine but when I try
>to conpile it in the trigger I get
>
>qualifier "madtest" must be declared.
>
>In SQL Plus exec madtest.madtest_proc('TEST') executes fine.
>In Forms trigger - does not and gives me the above error.

Forms 4.5 does not support procedure calls of the form schema.procedure or schema.package.procedure. What you need to do is create a public synonym so that the schema prefix is not required.

E.g. Create public synonym madtest_madtest_proc for madtest.madtest_proc;

Then in your form trigger, simply call the proc by the synonym name:

begin

   madtest_madtest_proc('TEST');
end;

Dennis Wetherell   Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:25:48 CEST

Original text of this message