Re: Oracle complex SQL query development tools?

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:29:38 GMT

In article <ExMrr7.1p5_at_ig.co.uk>, Jacqui Caren <jacqui_at_ig.co.uk> wrote:
>I have been looking for a few weeks for a tool to
>assist one of our developers in the construction
>of large multi table select queries. I have to
>admit total defeat here :-(. I found some tools
>but none of any quality or "fitness-for-purpose".
>
> If people respond by email I will summarise
> back to this group...

Well folks,

        I have had a grand total of one (1) reply :-) This (thanks R Woest) was a tool called Golden, which I have had no chance to review this week...

The tool I did find (which does not meet my requirements) but I personally find very useful) is TOAD from www.toadsoft.com.

Written by an oracle bod, it is feature rich without tieing a developer down to GUI features. Although it does not have the ability to construct and manage very large complex queries it is an excellent toolkit that goes a long way to solving many development problems we see.

If I find anything that meets my requirments I will do another followup but please dont hold your breath :-)

All the best,

        Jacqui Caren

--
Email: Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk  http://www.ig.co.uk/