Re: FMB comparison tool for Forms 4.5

From: Wayne McKinney <wmckinney_at_tiainfo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:02:25 -0500

If you click on File > Administration > Convert then a box comes up in which you can enter (by default) the name of a form you want to convert from binary to text. When you click on OK, it will convert the 'fmb' file to a 'fmt' file. That file has the commands, fields, and definitions you had in your form. It's readable by any ASCII editor.

Do the same to the other file (converting it from binary [i.e. 'fmb'] to text) and then you could do a DOS cf or a Unix diff command to find the differences.

An obvious problem with this is that anything in binary (like graphics) won't be shown. However, most Oracle objects (I think) have text associated with them, so this shouldn't be a pr oblem. The only other problem is that these files are 'HUGE!!!'.

Still, if you think the differences are minor, then it really wouldn't matter how much output is produced even if the files are large.