Re: How can I change the window modality at runtime?

From: Gerd Volberg <gerd.volberg_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:26:49 +0200

Hi mau,

normally you have no reason to change in an application between modal and non-modal. I think, you have no chance to build this feature in Forms with only changing properties, ....

Use a When-New-Item-Instance on FORM and save the actual cursor-item of your focus and the actual canvas of the item. When you freeze one of your window (modal=true), then you have to check in the When-New-Item-Instance, wether the canvas of the new item is the old_canvas (of the modal-window) or it is another canvas. If it is another canvas, you have to go back to the old item with GO_ITEM ('saved_system_cursor_item'). You donīt see anything on the screen, because the synchronize of forms comes after the go_item, and not when the trigger fires.

Yourīs
  Gerd Volberg Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 19:26:49 CEST

Original text of this message