Re: Oracle application

From: Ravi Alluru <ravi_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:12:08 -0600

On the new pc first load the personal oracle version ??.Also load the development /runtime tools (eg. D2000. FORMS 4.5,REPORTS 2.5). Then on the old pc do an entire database export as the SYSTEM user using utilities like (exp73/exp72 etc).It will create a expdat.dmp file for you.Then copy this .dmp file to the new pc and do a full IMPORT as the SYSTEM user using this .dmp file.Then you should be on your way to use your application on the new pc.I would suggest contact a dba if you need more details.
Ravi Alluru
<01bdbf54$2d0803e0$0c10cf84_at_slip01.slip.polymtl.ca>...