Re: BIG Designer 2K Bug

From: Scott Felten <sfelten_at_pilot.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:19:42 -0400

Huwski wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:27:32 GMT, sadams_at_rtp.oao.com (Samuel Adams)
> wrote:
>
> >We have just been told ( and found ) that Designer 2k V2.1 cannot
> >generate modules if you have more than 58 entities. They ( Oracle ) have
> >told us that they will be releasing a maintainace version that fixes
> >this problem in "A Few Weeks". They do not have a work around or patch.
> >
> >Samuel Adams
> >OAO.
> Other posters - cut the crap, if oracle release a tool that can only
> support a maximun of 58 entities it should have remained BETA.
>
> I would have had BIG problems on my last 3 assignments if we could't
> have generated forms due to a limit on applicaiton entities.
>
> D2K 1.3.

Three weeks ago we ran into the same problem...trying to transform (that is the ver 2 term, not generate) our FHD. Well Oracle said that there is a know bug for models with >100 entities. Matter of fact they were going to raise it to 1000. They did say there would be a fix/patch available the first week of august. And they did give us a bug number: 680897. However, we can not find any information about it and left a message today for them to give us a status on the fix/patch.

D2k 2.1 is decent, but only half of it works....that is the bottom line.

scott felten Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 21:19:42 CEST

Original text of this message