Re: DBMS_SQL: Can I UPDATE a cursor field?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:04:51 GMT

A copy of this was sent to cbarron2_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:46:06 GMT, you wrote:

>Is it possible to update a field in a record retreived by a DBMS_SQL defined
>cursor? I am looking for a solution similar to the UPDATE...WHERE CURRENT OF
>cursor_name feature of normal cursors.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris Barron

No, you would have to simulate it using a

select rowid, ...... from T for update

in one cursor and using another cursor to

update T set ( ... ) = ( ... ) where rowid = That_Rowid;

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 18:04:51 CEST

Original text of this message