Re: Database recovery

From: <gilb_at_xxx.senate.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:18:11 GMT

You can restore your entire database from a cold backup set of files and then apply the archived log files.

  1. Restore files from cold backup
  2. Startup mount the database
  3. issue: recover database using backup controlfile This will bypass the current control file since it will indicate - no recovery is needed
  4. After you have applied all your archived logs you can alter database open resetlogs.
  5. TAKE TIME TO DO A FULL COLD BACKUP NOW RIGHT AFTER YOU'VE FINISHED APPLYING YOUR LOGS.
Gilbert